Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bedford ave


















Last night I went out to Brooklyn with M and E. There are a lot of cozy bars around Bedford ave, it makes it really hard to choose where to go. The fact that at a lot of places had trivia, which I find appalling, made it a bit easier. We first went to a bar close to McCarren Park. The Place was nice but I think the guy in charge of the music was kind of schizophrenic playing everything from 90-ties hits to heavy metal. We finished our drink there (We had styrofoam margaritas. I think they're served in styrofoam so you can bring them on to the streets) and left.

We moved on to a bar almost down by the Williamsburg bridge. There we met G and G's twin brother, Canadians. It was a nice place. We were having PBR and whiskey, I think that's a common combo to have on the menu here, they come in sets and are really cheap.

After a couple of those, I ended up talking to a Polish (he had lived in New York for 37 years) guy through the window. It was hilarious! Not that he said so much funny to say, but he sounded exactly like Al Pacino! I pointed that out to him, but he didn't like it at all. He was very sensitive about his roots, so when I told him he took that as a sign that he had become to American. That made it even funnier, he became uppsett and started shouting which again made him sound even more Like Pacino.

If any one told me that I sounded like him, I'd be really pleased.


No comments: