Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another night at Fish bar

Last night Matthew and me ended up at Fish bar once again. To be honest that wasn't a very good idea considering that I have a lot to to for the show coming up in less than a week. But it was a lot of fun. An old, obviously gay, man greeted us when we came in to the bar. He thought me and Matt were a gay couple. He started talking about how hard it was to be gay in the old days, and clearly pointed out that we couldn't know about that because we were only "boys". He was nice, but he never stopped talking, he just kept going on. At one point he called me "Honey", I think this is the first time I've been addressed in that way. The last thing he told me, before I managed to get away, was that I had to watch out. Watch out for all the Muslims in Sweden, because it was coming more and more of them and he said, pointing at me, "They don't like your kind!" (and by that he meant homosexuals).

After getting really drunk, I felt like promoting Norwegian music and became the evenings self assigned DJ. It wasn't that many people there, but those who were there seemed to be pleased with my choice of music. I was also in the kind of mood were you feel like saying something that you don't really agree to just to provoke a discussion. We had a long and heated argument about the possibility to be bi-file. I firmly argued that you have to choose either men or women, and that you can't jump back and forth. It was fun and it ended friendly. I went home around 4.30am and made grilled cheese sandwiches which I burned.

Today I felt horrible.

No comments: