Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

On Thursday I celebrated my first Thanksgiving. I started the day meeting my parents really early at the south west corner of Central Park. There is a huge parade passing by there. It's kind of crazy. People go there at 6am to get good spots. There is a lot of pushing and bullying. We kept distance, we weren't that excited that we would invest to much to get to the front. It wasn't really that great, big bands were playing and huge balloons passes by. We stayed there for about 20 minutes, I got to see Shrek, Snoopy, a big turkey and some Macy's ad´s.

In the evening I went to Cole and Gen's place. They had made a feast of traditional Thanksgiving food. Turkey, gravy, jams, cranberries and a lot more. It was really good. Sadly I was kind of full since I already had one dinner with my parents earlier. But I nibbled on the turkey the whole night. We had a lot to drink and it developed in to a pretty hilarious dance party. At 6am me and Matt went out and tried to find more beer, which was a pretty stupid idea, we didn't find any since we were far out in Brooklyn. I was really annoyed by it at the time, but the day after I was so pleased that I hadn't had any more to drink.

No comments: