Monday, August 25, 2008

Corner of Broadway and Prince Street

















I've been to two really good stores (and loads of pretty good ones) so far. None of them are hidden jewels, but shops that most people here know about, but still. The UNIQLO flagship store on 546 Broadway is great. UNIQLO is a Japanese brand, I guess you could say it's American Apparels less sexy sister. It's the perfect place to obtain the base garments of your wardrobe.

The other good place is on the corner of the same block. It's Dean & DeLuca, it has nothing to do with the Norwegian convenience store chain Deli de Luca, except that the name is suspiciously similar. Dean & DeLuca is a super fresh upscale grocery store on 560 Broadway at Prince Street. I love food, and it always makes me happy to go into a quality store! Since I don't have a permanent place to stay, I couldn't be bothered to buy any of the goodies except a delicious ham and brie sandwich. Yummy!!

No comments: