Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thank god for Craigslist

















On Thursday I got a bit of a scare. I suddenly realized that I hadn't booked a bed in the hostel for any longer, and I still didn't have a permanent place to stay. I got on to the web and to Hostels.com to reserve one. It turned out that I wasn't the only one who needed a bed the upcoming weekend or the coming week for that sake. The rooms were from 150,- dollar per night and up. And I'm not talking about ensuite singles. Anyway it might not be that expensive, but it's to much for my student budget, and I was looking at a at least nine nights stay.

I went on to craigslist.org. There you can find anything from bikes to sex-partners. It can actually be quite good entertaining reading the personals. I found a room who was available for a short term rent. It was announced for females only, but since my other alternative was sleeping in my suitcase in Central Park, I gave it a shot. I got the room. I'm now staying with a Russian girl in an apartment right next to ground zero. The picture above is taken from the rooftop balcony. In the lower left corner you can see the place where the second tower was.

No comments: