Sunday, August 31, 2008

Warehouse party in Brooklyn



















I really don't know where to start. Last night I was at this party in an old brewery building. It was kind of crazy. I was suppose to go with a group of people that I've never met. I've been mailing one of them about a room that I was thinking of renting (actually I didn't really consider it, it was in New Jersey). Any way, he invited me to this party. They were really really delayed so I ended up going by my self. That was no problem, it was this kind of party which is fun regardless of who you go with. There were a lot of crazy dressers there. Fifty percent of people there had what's considered normal clothing. The other half looked like they came from a American Apparel commercial / Carnival freak show. There were this Aladdin character who was constantly making out with a women in a wedding dress. A woman (50 +) in turquoise spandex tights danced with a rubber snake. In one corner a man was shouting in a megaphone, he had made a stand where you could throw cakes at him. There were an Axel Rose look a like (Tokyo live, red hot pants). The first DJ wore nothing but a home made thong and many of the female bartenders had a very burlesque look. I had obviously picked out an outfit which suggested that I was a dealer. People approached me and asked if I was selling blow.

There were also shows around in the building. There were at one point three female acrobats dancing and doing stunts from fabrics hanging from the high ceiling over the dance floor. When they were finished, the music was turned down and a band started playing in the neighboring room. They played a punk Balkan mix. It was really fun, not the best musicians, but that didn't matter. Two girls walked around in front of the stage pouring tequila in/on people. Soaked in liquor I walked back to the main dance floor. A man was inside a balloon. He got out of it and went in to another. When his last balloon burst, an enormous amount of rose leafs started falling from the roof and the dance floor exploded.

I don't think the party had reached its climax when I left around 4:30am.

No comments: