Sunday, September 7, 2008

Freshmen and Robots



















On Friday I went to a party with J in the Bronx. I didn't now what kind of party it was until I arrived. It was a group of Seniors and newly graduated students who had arrange the party. It was a kind of back to school party which gave the older students a chance to fuck freshmen. He who told me that had a kind of sarcasm in his voice, but as the party progressed I'm sure there was some truth to it after all. At first there weren't that many people and the party were both on the roof and in R´s apartment. But suddenly big groups of people came and a storm broke out so people rushed down from the roof. It was crowded. Absolutely packed! The temperature raised quickly. Everybody was dancing like mad, poured down brewskies, smoked weed. People was sweating. The sweat was flowing! Everyone who had light colored clothes looked like they were in a wet t-shirt competition.

I found some glasses in the bathroom, I'll definitely buy some for my self.

I met an upset photographer from Parsons. He had been to a NY fashion week party were he had met a group of models who had invited him to go out with them. But in the chaos as the party was finished and everybody was leaving he lost them. Now he thought they had conspired to just tease him.

Last night I was at Robot party in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Didn't really now what that was either, only that E had told me it was there. But as the name insinuated, it was a theme party. To be honest, it wasn't that funny. The live music was cool. And the rooftop was great! I always get surprised over the beautifully view on top of buildings in Brooklyn. All the buildings there are of pretty much the same height so you have a clear view to Manhattan. Any way. The neighbours called the police so the roof had to close. Everyone had to go inside and it became ridiculously full. A guy smashed a beer bottle in someones head after that the fun was kind of gone. A lot of screaming, shouting and another bottle came flying and the party was over for me.

No comments: