Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Distractions















Almost seven weeks in New York. It has been great so far, I've met lots of interesting people, seen lots interesting people and events. But now I can really feel the pressure of being a student as mid-term critiques are approaching. It has been hard to adapt to the US school system, it is so different from Europe. I feel I hardly have time to work on my on projects, there are classes, readings, writings and lectures all the time. And the city it self just sucks me away from school, so much I wanna see and do before I leave. But as said, mid-term is coming and my production is going to be "evaluated". I find critiques extremely helpful, but they have approached much faster than I had expected. I need at least seven pieces for my drawing class, eight works for my photography class, I'm gonna have a two hour quiz in my architecture class and then all the usual readings and papers! I usually like the pressure, my concentration increases as deadlines approaches. But this time it is different, I'm blaming the city. I'm sure if I was to stay here for years I wouldn't be in such a hurry to see everything, but that's not the case. I guess I just have to cut down on the time I spend sleeping.

No comments: