Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm Never Gonna Dance Again

I went to the closest self-service laundry, I bought a coffee on the way. I actually enjoy doing my laundry this way. Sitting there waiting, looking at people, drinking coffee and reading. I was in high spirit, I had brought a text by José Ortega y Gasset which is a reading for my advanced drawing class. The strangest thing happened. As I sat there, very pleased with my self since I was doing both chores and schoolwork at the same time, the radio started playing "I'm Never Gonna Dance Again". And I suddenly felt sad. The saxophone solo was playing, and I was profoundly sad! It was weird.

Later that night I was hit on by a 37 year old, kind of chubby, guy named Carl. He thought I was cute and wanted me to come up to his apartment for some brewskies. I politely told him I couldn't since I was on my way to have beers with some friends. As I walked away he shouted after me "When Will I see you again?".

After some beers with Laura, Lucie and Saki, we all went stealing garbage to use as material for a sculpture.

1 comment:

Doillon Kharms said...

I'm always gonna dance with you, always with you love.