Monday, September 22, 2008

Long time

It has been a while since I wrote, and for that I'm sorry. But what can I say, I have been really busy, tired and drunk.

On Thursday last week I was at a dinner party in little Poland, Greenpoint. I was invited by a guy I met on the L train three o'clock at night some days earlier. Actually I had met him once before, I was looking at a room in his apartment a month ago. It's funny, but it has happened more than once that I've ran in to people coincidentally here in New York. I didn't think that would happen. The dinner was fun, there were served really good lamb and different Middle east inspired sides. We had watermelon (some chose pot) for desert. It was a strange group of people. A pretentious writer, an editor for a 60+ web page, an interior designer with background in English literature, an artist with BA degree, who sold his paintings for 20 dollars on Bedford ave, a girl which I didn't understood what she was doing except for the fact that Nike had been their client and me. Friday turned out quite typical for a Friday. I met up with some friends. We had four dollar specials (Pabst and Bourbon) at International. Later we hooked up with some more people went to Fish bar and had six dollar specials. When we were drunk we decided that the smartest thing to do would be to go to a club on the lower east side and have more booze. It was a fun and not to eventful evening. I ended up sleeping with a half eaten slice of cheese pizza.

Saturday was quite disappointing. I didn't have any plans and wasn't sure if I wanted to do anything. I decided that I didn't and therefor didn't contact anyone. I went out and bought some beers and a stack of glossy magazines and went home. I just lay in my bad reading drinking beer and catching up on the latest episodes of Hills and Gossip girl. After a while I started feeling tipsy and really wanted to do something fun. I called around to see what people were up to, but no one did anything special it seemed. By this time I was aching to do something, it was just one of those days. I was this close to go to a fancy Chelsea cocktail bar, but changed my mind in the last second. It was almost 2 am and I cant say I have the economy to go and drink 20 dollar cocktails by my self. I undressed and went to bed. About 10 minutes later both Emilia and Charlotte called and wanted me to go to two different parties. I thought it sounded fun, got dressed and walked to the metro. As I was to go through the barrier I realized that I had forgotten my wallet with money and metro card. I just wasn't suppose to go out.

And in between all this I've been trying to catch up on my reading, my writing, other school work and taking advantage of my MPHC membership.

This became a long, factual and dry post.

Sorry!

No comments: